Cindy C. Liou - Attorney and Consultant
Khanh T. Nguyen - Senior Staff Attorney, Asian Pacific Islander Legal Outreach
We hope that you can join us for this important new anti-trafficking program! Attend this training if you would like to provide pro bono services to survivors of human trafficking, with a special emphasis on immigrant survivors of human trafficking. Many human trafficking survivors have complex and diverse needs that require the knowledge and intersection between multiple legal practices. Experienced anti-trafficking practitioners in the areas of immigration, criminal, civil, and benefits law will share their expertise by providing insight into the myriad issues that arise when working with trafficking survivors, and how these areas of law overlap to provide special protections and remedies to immigrant trafficking survivors.
San Francisco and Live Webcast - November 4, 2014
FREE -- Click Here to learn more!
- Basic overview of the California and Federal anti-trafficking laws, identifying human trafficking survivors, and the root causes of human trafficking
- Immigration remedies for human trafficking survivors, with a special emphasis on T visas and U visas
- Special considerations in working with trafficked youth, especially unaccompanied alien children (UACs)
- Criminal statutes that apply to human trafficking cases and how to advocate for trafficking survivors and victims who are affected by criminal issues
- Civil legal remedies for trafficking survivors
- Benefits available for human trafficking survivors, and how to advocate and structure them properly to the best advantage for trafficking survivors
Pro Bono Privileged Membership
PLI's Pro Bono Privileged Membership provides participating non-profit organizations with an all-access pass to attend any PLI seminar without a fee and without having to submit a scholarship application.
The membership is an easy and convenient way for your organization to stay up-to-date on important legal issues. For more information or to apply, please contact Pro Bono Membership Services.