This training will focus on improving services for domestic violence survivors who have service animals.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the roles and purposes of service animals
- Describe the Maryland and federal laws that pertain to accommodations for people with disabilities and in particular people with service animals
- Identify practical ways to accommodate, protect, and respond to service animals
- Use best practices for serving survivors with service animals
- Identify safety planning strategies for survivors with services animals.
- Amber Guthrie, MA, Project Manager of Coalition Training and Technical Assistance, Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
- Katie Flory, Community Affairs Director, Maryland SPCA
- Gary C. Norman, Esq. L.L.M, Attorney, Consultant, and State Civil Rights Commissioner
2 Category I Social work CEUs are available at no cost to MNADV members and $15 for non-members.
Free parking is available on-site.
Food will not be served. Please make prior arrangements.